jueves, 13 de marzo de 2014

Iron Man in Cardboard by the Taiwanese Tony Stark

 

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/blog/cardboard-iron-man








 

MEET THE CARDBOARD TONY STARK

We're excited to introduce you to 20-year-old "Cardboard Artist" and Taiwanese student 鍾凱翔 (Xhongkai Xiang). The stunning craftsmanship and detail he applied to his first cardboard creation, “The Dragon” left our students, fans and ALL of us at Stan Winston School speechless. We anxiously waited for nearly a year to see what he would create next, and we were blown away to see all of his new work, including a full-size, wearable CARDBOARD IRON MAN SUIT!!!
 
Enjoy his story!
 
Erich Grey Litoff
Co-Founder Stan Winston School
 
 

IN HIS OWN WORDS

Hi everyone, My name is 鍾凱翔 (Xhongkai Xiang), I am from Taiwan. First of all, I really appreciate the opportunity that Stan Winston School gave me. I now have the chance to share my work with everyone!
 
In a departure from his usual medium, Xhongkai made the Alien out of drinking straws.I am interested in the things that all boys like since I was little. For example, animals, monsters, robots and dinosaurs.
A cardboard horse and a cardboard dragon. The dragon was Xhongkai's first creation and it remains his favorite piece.

FROM DRAWINGS TO SCULPTURE

I just drew them at first, then I started to love making paper sculptures in junior high school, and creating with cardboard has been my main focus from senior high school until now. Xhongkai encourages people to make what they love, using the materials they have on hand.  You don't need a lot of money to make a cardboard Alien Doorknocker.
I have since produced lots of artwork with cardboard. For example, Optimus Prime from TRANSFORMERS, skeletons of the T-Rex and a Pterodactyl, an IRON MAN suit, and so on.  And the last three of them were all made full-size. Cardboard Optimus Prime, a samurai helmet and a stunningly life-like bird. All made out of cardboard.

IRON MAN IN CARDBOARD

For my cardboard IRON MAN SUIT, I used pepakura technique. But I did not add any special color on the surface. Keeping the cardboard color and texture was deliberate. That’s my style.   It took Xhongkai a year of working on the Iron Man suit in his spare time to complete it. 

A CREATOR CREATES

Now I am 20 years old. Creating is the most important part of my life. I hope I can keep going in the future.   The Bearded Dragon is so life-like, that some of the SWSCA staff thought it was a REAL pet!
You are welcome to visit my Facebook Page. You will see more artwork in more materials, including food! Thank you for checking out my art.


- 鍾凱翔 (Xhongkai Xiang) 

 

No hay comentarios: